I have a lovely bristlecone pine sapling (about 8" high) growing very nicely in a semi cascade style (all by itself, it is true they are self-styling) that survived its first winter and put out an abundance of new candles this spring. Since the heat wave started however it has looked lethargic - needles closing up, more brown needles appearing every day and one of the candles broke off when I brushed it to get some of the dried ones off.
The literature says this species can survive just about anything, but it also says it thrives above 8000 ft.
I put it in some shade hoping to give it respite from direct sun till the heat breaks up a bit.
I am posting because I also fertilize a little every day (about half a teaspoon to a gallon plus of water of dyna grow) which I use on everything. Is the fertilizer burning it or the combination of the heat and the fertilizer? I did not notice an issue till the heat started but it is possible it began before.